Articles on this website are licensed under CC BY-NC-SA, unless stated otherwise.
- Credit must be given to the creator.
- Only noncommercial uses of the work are permitted (If the work is used for journalism or under fair use, then it is tolerable).
- Adaptations must be shared under the same terms.
If you make any contribution to Trollpedia, you thereby allow it to be re-used under that license.
The website, Trollpedia, may use copyrighted work under US' fair use law for educational, noncommercial and documentation purposes.
In order to decide whether a work is made under fair use or not, the following criteria are taken into consideration.
- The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes.
- The nature of the copyrighted work.
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole.
- The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
- Whether an alternative of that work exists or not.
- Whether the presence of that work helps readers identify the subject of the article concerned and/or improves the article significantly.
In the event an article is made with copyrighted content that is not under fair use, please contact the staff of Trollpedia in order to resolve the issue. We have a zero-tolerance policy in regards to theft such as plagiarism, thank you.
The following content, by virtue of not being copyrightable in most cases, is automatically in the public domain whenever uploaded onto Trollpedia:
- Screenshots, particularly screenshots of text taken from websites or direct messaging.
- Simple shapes and text, particularly for trademarked logos.
Only in very rare circumstances should the work above be protected by copyright, it will have an appropriate fair use tag or be removed.